Oom! Oom! Oom! Okay, soooo, I mean, WOW! My first time out, with instruction, of course! So, I told you my ex can cook ... meat. Oh, he puts a hurt'n on some meat! So whenever he breezes through town to visit my daughter, he often brings a fresh cut leg of lamb! The last several times, I watched with intent - just so intimated. But this time, I took the plunge, added my seven senses, and there you go!
Garlic & Rosemary Leg Of Lamb
Ooooooom! Can you see the pockets of garlic? Not to mention the flavors enhanced by the garlic butter* and spicy mustard, I mean, what more can I say, except, well here's how easy it is to prepare. WOW! That I can even say that ... now!
- Set your oven temperature to 375F
- Rinse and pat dry the leg of lamb
- Score on both sides (leaving pockets to stuff)
- Stuff garlic cloves into the pockets
- Rub in your seasonings (salt, both lemon and hot pepper, rosemary, garlic powder, etc.)
- Rub on garlic butter* and spicy brown mustard (ensure to get down in the pockets)
- Place open-faced on baking sheet (lined with foil for easy clean up)
- Bake for 45 minutes, then flip; bake another 45 minutes, then check for tenderness
- Takes about 1.5 to 2 hours (depending on size of leg; this one's small)
- Best served from the oven hot to the table - just my preference!
Reminder: Grannie keeps a steady supply of Garlic Butter (fresh cloves of garlic and olive oil ground to paste; takes the flavor of almost anything up a notch!
Garlic & Rosemary Leg of Lamb
Descriptions, Recipes & Images by Mariby CorpeningTM