Who doesn't love Fried Rice! Though, I promise you, nobody's fried rice can possibly taste better than what you make yourself, because in it is everything you love and then some. As you can see, for me, I always have to ask for extra egg and extra onion. You might prefer yours with more or different vegetables, less rice or more meat.
No recipe necessary, because this fried rice will be to your taste and it's easy! What I will give you is some key preparations (for me):
Key preparations for my Shrimp Fried Rice
- Roast (as opposed to stir-fry) all vegetables in the oven, before adding to the rice (30 minutes)
- Lightly season the shrimp (soy sauce, roasted garlic powder, pepper) and saute in brown butter
- Flavor the rice in the boil/simmer with turmeric (yellow tint), garlic, bay leaf, hot pepper, etc.
- Then fry the rice in brown butter (or bacon grease, if on hand), ensuring some crispiness
- Lots of fresh-squeezed lemon and lots more of fresh-roasted garlic
- Fresh herbs whenever possible/available
- Add more of anything else you prefer
I add herbs and seasonings (Rosemary, Thyme, etc.) and only a little soy sauce, extra scrambled eggs, onion, carrots, sweet and hot peppers, capers, fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, shrimp, scallops, chicken and/or whatever moves you.
It's a WOW preparation. You may never order out for fried rice again!
My Favorite Shrimp-Fried Rice
With Extra Egg and lots of garlic & Onion
Descriptions, Recipes & Images by Mariby CorpeningTM