Now, I won't claim that My Mac & Cheese is the best, for I truly believe that Mac & Cheese - creamy or firm, elbow macaroni or pasta shells, shredded or chunked cheeses, burnt or breaded crust on the top, stove-top or oven-baked, two-cheese or seven-cheese - is a palate choice, but I will say, that it taste the best to my family!
My baby just came home from an overseas summer internship, craving Fried Chicken, Mac & Cheese and Chocolate Cake, which I quite happily prepared - My Sunday Bliss! Throughout dinner, all you heard were pleasurable moans, Ooooooom!
So, my Cheese & Macaroni recipe requires nothing unique or even special, and I prefer to do it easy! I used to take the time to shred my cheeses, but found the result is no different in chunks.
This is how I Mac My Cheese:
- 1 box elbow macaroni noodles (or pasta shells)
- 1 stick of butter
- Half the large blocks of Extra Sharp, Pepper Jack & Velveeta (cut into 1/2 in. chunks)
- 1+1/2 cup of cream (or milk)
- 3 Eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning & paprika (for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Coat baking dish with oil spray
- Boil pasta al dente (partially cooked)
- Drain pasta into a big bowl and add butter, cream and eggs
- Cut up 1/2 inch chunks of (your favorite blend of) cheeses
- Add little salt, pepper and mix
- On top, sprinkle Italian seasoning and paprika
- Bake for 30 minutes!
That's it! Fast! Easy! Oooooom!
Easy Mac & Cheese
Descriptions, Recipes & Images by Mariby CorpeningTM